Including the cities of Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg,
Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,
341 AM EST Thu Feb 17 2022
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST
* WHAT...Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with occasional gusts
between 45 and 55 mph expected.
* WHERE...Franklin, Perry, Dauphin, Schuylkill, Lebanon,
Cumberland, Adams, York and Lancaster Counties.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 9 AM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travelers in high profile vehicles could
experience difficult driving conditions, especially in areas
exposed to strong cross winds from the south, and locations
just to the north of gaps in the ridges.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
For high wind safety information, visit weather.gov/wind.
The latest forecast information can be found on the
NWS State College Facebook page and Twitter @NWSStateCollege,
or on the web at weather.gov/ctp.