Including the cities of Chambersburg, Harrisburg, Hershey,
Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
316 PM EST Wed Jan 19 2022
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 11 AM EST
* WHAT...Wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.
* WHEN...From 2 AM to 11 AM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures will be falling steadily from
the mid 30s at the onset of the snow to the mid and upper 20s
during the peak morning commute hours. This will cause freezing
of any untreated wet roads, as a result of the initial snow
melting on the warmer paved surfaces.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission remind motorists to adjust speeds based on
driving conditions as winter weather impacts will include snow
covered roads and limited visibility.
Call 5 1 1 or visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway
and traffic conditions.
To report snow or ice, post to the NWS State College Facebook
page, use Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or visit weather.gov/ctp.