Including the cities of Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, Gettysburg,
York, and Lancaster
732 PM EDT Thu Aug 12 2021
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM EDT
* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to
* WHERE...Lebanon, Dauphin, Lancaster, York and Adams Counties.
* WHEN...From noon to 7 PM EDT Friday.
* IMPACTS...Increased risk for heat-related illnesses. The heat
may be life-threatening to the elderly and those in poor
health, due to prolonged exposure without air conditioning.
Air quality unhealthy for sensitive groups. Surge in cooling
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Excessive Heat can be life-threatening
among at-risk populations, such as children, the elderly, and
those with pre-existing health conditions. Overnight low
temperatures will also be very warm and oppressively muggy.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun, and stay in an
air-conditioned room. Check up on relatives and neighbors, and
provide pets with adequate water and shelter from the sun.
For excessive heat safety information, visit weather.gov/heat.
The latest forecast information can be found on the
NWS State College Facebook page and Twitter @NWSStateCollege,
or on the web at weather.gov/ctp.