Accessing Help

Getting Started

  • Call one of the many outpatient providers contracted with Lancaster County to get the process started
  • Discuss your situation with the therapist during your call
  • If appropriate, meet with an outpatient provider who completes an evaluation and makes a treatment recommendation
  • If you feel that you are in a crisis state or are in need of detoxification, please call the White Deer Run (WDR) Call Center at 866-769-6822. The WDR Call Center has 24/7 coverage

Paying for Treatment

Individuals With Insurance

  • Insurance: many insurance companies cover drug and alcohol treatment. Contact your insurance company to determine what is covered and proper access to treatment.
  • HMO: Many health maintenance organizations (HMOs) provide drug and alcohol coverage. It is important that you follow the correct procedures or the drug and alcohol treatment will not be covered. In most cases, pre-authorization from the HMO is required.
  • Medical assistance (MA): You may be eligible for benefits. Contact the Lancaster County Assistance Office for more information.
  • Veterans assistance: Most military veterans are eligible for D&A treatment services. Both the Lebanon and Coatesville VA Hospitals provide D&A treatment services. There are also outreach and outpatient programs for veterans.
  • Private pay: If you have the ability to pay for your drugs and alcohol treatment, you are able to choose any facility you can afford.

Individuals Without Insurance

The therapist will help you make an appointment to have a financial liability assessment. This will determine how much you have to pay each month for treatment.

If your therapist recommends:
  • Outpatient or intensive outpatient: Stay in treatment with your therapist and pay only the amount of your financial liability each month.
  • Residential treatment: Your therapist will call the case management unit of the Lancaster County Drugs and Alcohol Commission to review your case and discuss approval for the payment of these services.
If approved, you may go to one of several county contracted rehabilitation centers, halfway houses, or a partial program. Due to budgetary issues, funding for residential treatment services may be limited.

Help for Pregnant Women

Pregnant women are a priority population and will receive services before all others. If a pregnant woman cannot immediately enter a treatment program, contact White Deer Run Call Center at 866-769-6822.