The Skate Park is open from sunrise to sunset year-round subject to weather conditions. Please call the Ranger Station (717-295-3605) before you visit as the facility may be closed due to ice, rain, or snow.
Rules & Restrictions
- Only skateboards and in-line skates are to be used in the skate park. Bicycles of any kind and scooters are prohibited.
- Safety equipment must be worn to skate at the facility:
- Skateboarders must wear a safety helmet with internal suspension system, elbow pads, and knee pads.
- In-line skaters must wear the above equipment as well as wrist pads with metal or other shock-resistant material inserts.
- The concrete surface (unlike street asphalt) is relatively smooth; wheels made of softer materials are recommended.
- Rules for use of the facility are posted at all entrances.
Parking is available off Eshelman Mill Road, south of the Skate Park. The facility is handicapped-accessible from this lot. Handicapped parking is also available in the small lot on Yeates Court.