Jury returned verdict today in Commonwealth v. Jeremy Barney, 5676 of 2012. Guilty on all but one count:
1. Rape of a Child – Guilty
2. IDSI with a Child – Guilty
3. Indecent Assault – Guilty
4. Indecent Assault – Guilty
5. Indecent Assault – Not Guilty
6. Criminal Solicitation (to commit Indecent Assault) – Guilty
7. Unlawful Contact With Minor – Guilty
8. Corruption of Minors – Guilty
Investigation initiated in December 2008 by Detective Al Leed. Detective Leed completed the investigation but retired before charges were filed. Detective Robert Beck then took over the case and filed the charges in October, 2012.
Investigation began when a five year old male told his day care teachers that his mother’s boyfriend, Defendant Jeremy Barney, had molested him. Children and Youth immediately became involved, along with Manheim Township Police Department, and the child was interviewed at the Lancaster County Children’s Alliance.
Bail increased to $1 million. An assessment by the Sexual Offenders Assessment Board will be ordered. Pre-Sentence Investigation ordered. No date yet for sentencing