Recent raids and arrests of several individuals halted a multi-county K2 production and trafficking operation that had connections to Lancaster County.
Berks County officials recently announced the results of “Operation Crystal Blue,” which included:
- Arrests of five people who were taken into custody – including 31-year-old Devon Given of Lancaster;
- Warrants for two other men who remain at large – including a Lancaster man, 39-year-old Charles Matthew;
- Seizures of over 60 pounds of synthetic cannabinoids (K2), and lesser quantities of marijuana, THC and cocaine;
- Seizures of over $30,000 in cash;
- Seizures of several firearms, including a stolen pistol with a laser site.
Berks County officials said 28-year-old Noel D. Rivera, of West Reading, was the initial target of the investigation.
The investigation revealed the ring manufactured and distributed large quantities of synthetic cannabinoids (K2) in the region.
Berks County officials collaborated with several law-enforcement agencies, including Pennsylvania State Police in Lancaster, in raids and arrests in recent days.
Two Lancaster homes were targeted in the raids: in the 600 block of Third Street in Lancaster city and the first block of South Sixth Street in Columbia.
Given, a female, was allegedly a bulk supplier of synthetic cannabinoids for Rivera. She lived at 618 Third Street, the site of one raid.
Matthew, who is wanted, has previously lived in the 200 block of South Ann Street and the 300 block of Downer Drive in Lancaster.
All individuals charged are presumed innocent.
WATCH here for details about the investigation and arrests: Berks County DA Facebook Video.