Thirteen Lancaster County police officers were recently recognized as “Top Guns” for their DUI law enforcement efforts.
The thirteen officers made a combined 354 DUI arrests last year in Lancaster County.
“Your enforcement of DUI laws makes us all safer in Lancaster County,” District Attorney Heather Adams told the group at a ceremony Tuesday hosted by the DUI Council of Lancaster County.
The officers accepted “Top Gun” awards during a ceremony at the Lancaster County Public Training Center.
The group included repeat recipients as well as first-time honorees.
DA Adams emphasized the importance of DUI law enforcement as it provides potential offenders a perception “that they will be stopped.”
The award recipients (and their 2019 arrest numbers) are:
- Philip Strosser, West Lampeter Township police: 53 arrests.
- Ryan Snyder, Manheim Township police: 49 arrests.
- Michael Deitz, Lancaster city police: 47 arrests.
- Samuel Sanger, East Lampeter Township police: 44 arrests.
- Nicholas Ciatto, Pennsylvania State Police: 30 arrests.
- Andrew Long, Manor Township police: 26 arrests.
- Roger Kreisher, East Cocalico Township police: 24 arrests.
- Bradley Redinger, Northwest Regional police: 23 arrests.
- Tyler Weinoldt, Lititz Borough police: 23 arrests.
- Edward Wengiel, Elizabethtown Borough police: 13 arrests.
- Gabe Rimolo, West Hempfield Township police: 12 arrests.
- John Reynolds, Millersville Borough police: 5 arrests.
- James Mains, Christiana Borough police: 5 arrests.
The District Attorney’s Office thanks the DUI Council for generously hosting the ceremony.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brett A. Hambright, 717-295-2041; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @BrettHambright