Send us an email with your request: Lancaster County Archives Prepayment of all records requests is required and records can be emailed directly to you. Credit card payment can now be made over the phone:
(717) 299-8319. There is a $10.00 minimum charge for credit card payments made over the phone.
Archives Records Request Policy and Procedures:
- All requests for records must be submitted via email or by US Mail. Please provide as much information as possible and include all references as found in the online indexes.
- Prepayment of records is required before photocopies and/or electronic documents will be provided to the requester.
- Photocopies of records are $0.25 per page plus any postage charges.
- Electronic images of historical records on microfilm will be emailed at a cost of $0.25 per image.
- Records in a specialized format, such as records in large docket books, may be provided at a cost of $1.00 per image and may require additional processing time.
- Electronic files that exceed the capacity for requester’s email account may not be available via email. Requester will be notified and alternate arrangements made.
- All electronic records will be sent in PDF format only.
- Archives staff will email electronic copies of microfilmed records to visitors upon their request at the same rate per image as outside requesters.
- Archives may redact information that is considered a violation of privacy laws.
- The archives staff cannot perform in-depth research but will check available indexes for names during a given time period.
- Thumb drives or any USB-related devices are not permitted on Archives public computers.
- Please allow 48 business hours for Archives to respond to research requests.
Online Credit Payment Option
After you receive an invoice amount from archives staff click on the below link for online credit card payment. There will be a one business day wait until payment can be verified. For immediate credit card payment processing over the phone please contact the archives directly at (717) 299-8319.
View our Genealogy Records Quick Guide to see a quick overview of which historical government records are available to assist in your genealogy search!
Genealogy Records Quick Guide