Spend summer at the county pool in Central Park. This 15,255 square feet pool ranges in depth from a shallow beach-like wading area to a 6-feet deep end. Kids and adults can splash into the pool by slipping down a tubular water slide or get drenched under the pool's many funky water fountains. The pool complex includes an expansive lawn for sunbathing, relaxing, and playing games. There is even a basketball court, playground, and food vending machines in the complex. Please be aware of all pool rules before visiting.
Pool Front Desk phone number is: 717-392-4621.
2017 Summer Hours
|Monday - Saturday
||Noon - 7 p.m.*
|Sunday||1 - 7 p.m.
|*In August, the pool will close at 6 p.m. Monday - Friday
May 27, 28 & 29, June 3 & 4, June 10 & 11, & all other Saturdays and Sundays in June, all weekends in July, August 26 & 27, September 2, 3 & 4
Opening Daily: June 14 through August 27
Closed: August 28 through September 1
Fees & MembershipTo find fee information for season membership and day passes, view Fee Schedule. To obtain a membership, complete the Season Pass Application and bring it to the Parks and Recreation Office, 1050 Rockford Road, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. MasterCard and Visa cards are accepted for pass purchases. The pool, however, only accepts daily admission payment in the form of small cash bills and no credit cards payments will be taken there.
Infants age 9 to 24 months, toddlers age 24 to 48 months, and children age 3 years and older can learn to swim at the county pool. Small group swimming lessons are scheduled biweekly throughout the summer. For more information, view the Group Swim Lessons & Descriptions and the swim lessons frequently asked questions. For Private Swim Lesson information and applications, view the Private Swim Lesson Application.
Group Season Membership Passes
Group Season Membership Passes are transferable passes and are sold in sets of six (6). These are ideal for daycare and other groups that plan to visit the pool on a daily basis. Please read the guidelines below before completing an application:
- Counselors must supervise campers while in the water, in grass areas, at the concession stand, on the playground, in the locker rooms, and on the basketball court and must maintain visual and vocal contact at all times.
- The minimum age for counselors supervising children is 16 years old.
- All campers must arrive with the staff and leave when the entire group is leaving.
- All groups will meet outside of the gate, review pool rules, and form a single file line with a counselor at the beginning, middle and end of the line.
- All campers and counselors must pass a swim test before using the slides.
- Sports equipment will only be issued to counselors and should only be returned by counselors.
- All camps should provide their own first aid supplies. In the event additional supplies are needed, campers will not be treated without a counselor present.
- Every camper and counselor must be counted in the number of group members admitted to the pool. (Counselors do not receive free admission.)
One-Time-Visit Group DiscountA discount is available for groups of 20 or more people planning a one-time visit. Please read the instructions below before completing the form:
- Groups must have 20 or more people on the day of admission or pay for at least 20 people. To qualify for the discount, you must arrive as a group.
- All adults and children must pay admission - counselors and chaperones will not be admitted free of charge.
- Forms must be received at least one week prior to the date of your pool visit. Forms can be faxed to 717-295-5942 or mailed to:
Lancaster County Parks
1050 Rockford Road
Lancaster, PA, 17602
- You are required to pay as a group in one lump sum.
- If you have an exact count for admission on the day of your pool visit, please pay in advance by mailing a check or by calling with your credit card number.
- If your count will not be complete until the day of your pool visit, please pay in cash only that day at the pool office.
- Please note: payments by check or credit card can only be accepted at the Park Main Office on Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.